“Oh yes ” he says matter of factly as he looks into his silver computer. ” But it’s a good kind of crazy . ”
I had realized I was crazy when I was measuring the Bart train. I have this idea of yarnbombing a Bart train -which is completely ludicrous , which makes me think it’s a great idea. I crawling around behind the Bart seat measuring and I noticed the other passengers were looking at me a little nervously. It made me want to laugh because I looked so silly but I thought that might worry every one even more.
So you all know there was a New York Times article on yarnbombing and I wasn’t in it. I really moped about this , moped and also pouted. I tried many methods to cheer myself up.
1. I looked at pictures of my baby friend smiling at me. I also watched a short video of her chewing on her small suede shows.
2. I told myself ” You win some , you lose some. It’s not about winning or losing , it’s how you play the game. I just want to win one for the team. Soon I was happily imagining myself as a baseball player.
3. I whined and complained on Facebook.
4. I asked everyone for sympathy. This was actually extremely satisfying.
5. My best friend told me “Go home and think about The Civil War! ” I always like to think about The Civil War.
Then I went out to The Orinda Public Library and yarnbombed their bike rack.
My partner The Pied Piper and I had driven all over the Diablo area looking for good bike racks for me to yarnbomb. We went to Lafayette and looked at their library which had beautiful railings but no bike racks. We went to 2 Bart stations but they were too harsh. We were driving back to Berkeley when my partner said ” How about Orinda ? ”
So we pulled off Highway 24 and drove into Orinda.
What a sweet place! Lots of big, green, rustling trees. Great old theater , a cupcake store and ” Europa “-a European Hofbrau with the best reuben sandwiches. We had a chocolate and a vanilla cupcake and we started to leave and I said ” Can we just stop for a sec and look at their library? I hear it has a cafe ! ”
So we raced over to the library , I ran over to the entrance and there was a big court yard full of sculpture and a 4 loop bike rack , my favorite kind. Amazing.
So I went back on Sunday and yarnbombed it. Betsy helped me , she says she doesn’t have a library degree so I shouldn’t call her The Librarian. She does have fantastic sewing skills.
I like this bike rack but it is a little busy. I seem to be entering my rococo phase.
Today’s blog links- An Italian blog about yarnbombing here .
Another yarnbombing blog here .